Earning Points With Star Alliance
When it comes to earning points within the Star Alliance network, remember to do the following:
- Quote your frequent flyer number every time you book with any Star Alliance member airline or travel provider.
- Provide your frequent flyer number when you check-in for any flight to ensure your miles are credited to your account.
- Save your passenger tickets and boarding passes just in case miles or points do not appear on your account. Then you can simply send your tickets and boarding passes to your frequent flyer number service centre and have them credited to your account.
Redeeming Points With Star Alliance
You can use your miles or points to upgrade one class of service, giving you priority check-in, lounge access and a more personal onboard service. Alliance upgrades are currently available on 26 of the Star Alliance member airlines.
How to upgrade:
- You will need to have a ticketed reservation to request the Star Alliance Upgrade Award with your frequent flyer program – upon sending your upgrade request you will be advised as to how many miles you need.
- Upgrade Awards are very often based on availability, so you’ll need to check with your Frequent Flyer Program provider and see their terms and conditions.
- Any miles you use will then be automatically deducted from your frequent flyer program account.
Star Alliance Members
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- Croatia Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- EVA Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
- TAP Portugal
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
There is a lot to take in with Frequent Flyer programs. Feeling a little overwhelmed? Talk to our Frequent Flyer Experts to find out which program best works for YOU, call 1300 735 896.