Emirates Skywards lets you earn points to spend on flights, upgrades, rewards, car rentals and hotels. Membership is free and has four membership tiers, starting with Blue and progressing through Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Once you are a member, there are two easy ways to move up a tier. You can either collect the required amount of Tier Miles by flying with Emirates Airlines; or complete the number of Emirates flights needed to reach the next level.
Each new tier brings you inviting benefits that increase in value, such as dedicated check-in, priority boarding and lounge access. Once you have been upgraded to a new tier, you can enjoy your membership privileges for 14 months, even if you don’t earn enough miles or take enough flights to retain the tier status in your annual review.
Points – Earning & Expiry
Members can earn Skywards points through car rental partners, hotel partners, linked credit cards, airline partners or retail and lifestyle partners. Points will expire after three years with no offer for extension.
Redeeming Skywards Points
You can easily begin collecting enough miles to redeem straight away – it is possible to have enough miles for an upgrade after just one long-distance trip! As well as enjoying reward flights and upgrades with Emirates, you can also spend your miles on flights with partner airlines, car hire, luxury hotels and even family holidays.
As your Miles are valid for three years, you can enjoy regular rewards at your leisure or save up for something really special.
- Flight rewards start from 12,500 miles
- Fly anywhere on the Emirates network
- Choice of Skywards Saver or Skywards Flex tickets in any travel class
- No blackout dates
- Spend miles on flight rewards for family and friends
- Upgrade rewards start from only 7,500 miles
- Upgrade easily online from Economy to Business, or Business to First
- Upgrade on any type of ticket as late as six hours before departure
- Instant upgrades available at check-in for all members
- Upgrades available on board for Silver, Gold and Platinum members
- Spend miles on upgrade rewards for family and friends
- Korean Air
- South African Airways
- TAP Portugal
- Virgin America
Affiliated Credit Cards
The Emirates Skywards program has a few benefits for Australian travellers, with one direct-earn Australian credit card, the Emirates Citibank World credit card, which enables you to:
- Purchase your Emirates ticket with your Emirates credit card, and earn extra miles in your name.
- Convert these miles into reward points, which then can be used to make purchases with Emirates or with their partner companies.
- Redeem these miles for flights and up-grades on the airline
For any questions or advice on the Emirate’s loyalty program, call our Frequent Flyer Experts on 1300 735 896.