Cheap Perth to Melbourne flights
Great value economy flight to Melbourne
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Travel dates04 Mar 2020 - 25 Mar 2020 / 01 May 2020 - 24 Jun 2020 / 22 Jul 2020 - 22 Sep 2020
- One way economy class airfare to Melbourne per person.
Flights to Melbourne from Perth
From some of Australia’s best food and wine to hidden laneways, Melbourne is the ideal escape. Book cheap flights to Melbourne from Perth today and soak in all that this city has to offer. Read more about flying to Melbourne below.
Perthlings hoping to make a break for the east coast need look no further than a flight to Melbourne from Perth. Look forward to a significant change of pace and scenery from the nation’s most westerly city. When you’re heading into the city from Melbourne Airport in Tullamarine, you’ll be treated to a rapid-fire tour of Melbourne’s many leafy public gardens and most diverse inner suburbs. Comparing Melbourne’s fine-dining to Perth’s own highly competitive scene will be a treat for first-time visitors, while veteran travellers will want to get out of the city and visit the exquisite vineyards of the Yarra Valley.
How long does it take to fly from Perth to Melbourne?
Perth to Melbourne – 3 hours 30 minutes
Which airlines fly frequently from Perth to Melbourne?
Jetstar – Airbus A320
Tigerair – Boeing 737
Virgin Australia – Boeing 737
Qantas – Airbus A330
Departing from Perth
If you’re flying out of Perth, take extra note of your departure terminal because Perth Airport is not simply divided into ‘domestic’ and ‘international’. There are two distinct precincts at Perth Airport: Terminals 1 and 2, on the eastern side, and Terminals 3 and 4 on the western side. These two zones are divided by a 15-minute drive so if you’re running late, you really don’t want to get them mixed up. Take a look at our page dedicated to Perth Airport (PER) for more detail. The easiest way to get to Perth Airport is most likely a taxi, given that it’s only a short 20-minute drive to the airport from the city centre. As a guide, a taxi from Perth city centre to Perth Airport Terminal 1 at 8am on a Monday morning will cost you about $42. There are also a number of limited-stops public transport options such as Bus Route 380 which runs daily between the city and the T1/T2 precinct, and Bus Route 40 which will take you from the city to T3/T4.
Where will my flight land?
There are four airports in Melbourne, with Melbourne Airport (MEL) at Tullamarine by far the busiest, and the only one to welcome international flights. Melbourne Airport is approximately 23km to the northwest of the city centre and there are quite a few options for travelling between the two, such as shuttle bus, public bus, private transfer service – even helicopter. A typical taxi fare from the airport to Melbourne CBD in non-peak hour traffic takes around 30 minutes and will cost about $60. If you’re wanting to fly directly into Avalon Airport (AVV) from Sydney, Jetstar offers a number of flights.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
Picking the best time to travel down south may seem like a challenge due to the famously unpredictable weather in Melbourne, but the truth is there are benefits to visiting at any time of year. From museums to beautiful sandy beaches, Melbourne has plenty to offer no matter the current season.
Many would argue that the best time to visit Melbourne is during the summer. Summer brings a dry heat that lasts from December to February. Being a dry heat, humidity is kept low but warm temperatures can persist into the evening. This is perfect weather for beach trips and cool drinks with friends. However, you may see afternoon thunderstorms blowing in over Port Phillip Bay as the cool change arrives each afternoon.
Appropriate clothing: T-shirt and shorts, or any outfit that breathes
Don’t forget: Sunscreen
Autumn is the time of year when Melbourne is at its most beautiful. The leaves of the city’s many deciduous trees turn yellow and begin to fall, transforming the hinterland areas to the east into a riot of colour. The typically erratic Melbourne temperature finally finds a little equilibrium in autumn, resting comfortably between about 12 and 19 degrees Celsius each day.
Appropriate clothing: Outfits for both warm days and cool nights
Don’t forget: The “golden period” for falling leaves is mid-May, so plan your trip accordingly if you don’t want to miss this
Melbourne winters aren’t for the faint of heart. An arctic chill blows into the city, dropping temperatures to 10 degrees Celsius and below. The Melbourne rainfall also makes a reappearance as the colder weather moves in, making the winter months perfect for those who’d prefer to spend their time indoors visiting galleries and museums or keeping cosy in cafes.
Appropriate clothing: Jumper, jacket, thick pants, gloves, and a beanie
Don’t forget: A good hot water bottle!
Of the four Melbourne seasons, there are none the locals love as much as spring. The trees begin to bloom and the temperature starts to rise back into the high teens and low twenties. Spring is the perfect time to visit if you’re planning to trawl the city’s many streets and laneways for surprises.
Appropriate clothing: A light coat for dips in temperature
Don’t forget: Some antihistamines if you’re sensitive to pollen
Our Melbourne Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.