Melbourne to Perth – 4 hours 15 minutes
Cheap Melbourne to Perth flights
Great value economy flight to Perth
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select.
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Flights to Perth from Melbourne
Airlines that fly from Melbourne to Perth are Jetstar, Virgin Australia and Qantas.
There are four airports in Melbourne, with Melbourne Airport (MEL) at Tullamarine by far the busiest, and the major airport for all domestic and international flights. Melbourne Airport is approximately 23km to the northwest of the city centre. If you’re departing on a domestic flight from Melbourne Airport, you’ll most likely leave from T1, T3 or T4; Qantas arrives and departs from T1, T3 is reserved for Virgin Australia passengers, and all remaining airlines fly from T4. While there is no direct rail link between the airport and the city, there are a number of reliable options for transport such as taxi, rideshare, shuttle bus, public bus, private transfer service – even helicopter if you feel like a splurge. A typical taxi fare from Flinders Street in the Melbourne city centre to the airport in non-peak hour traffic takes around 30 minutes and will cost between $45 and $62.
Perth Airport (PER) is the fourth busiest airport in Australia. It serves many domestic and international destinations and offers Australia’s first direct flight to Europe from the west coast, with the 17-hour, non-stop Qantas service to London. There are two terminal precincts at Perth Airport, T1/T2 and T3/T4, which are separated by a short, 15-minute drive. The best way to get from Perth Airport to the city centre is by taxi, which takes around 20 minutes. There are cheaper options, such as public transport, and car hire is also an alternative if you plan on exploring a little further afield. Check out the full range of possibilities for travelling to and from Perth Airport (PER).
Perth is home to weather patterns that are all its own. Neither as tropical as Brisbane nor as chilly as Hobart, the weather in Perth stays reasonably warm year-round. Outside of the cooler months, Perth isn’t especially prone to rain, which means you can safely plan any outdoor activities well in advance. With the exception of certain public holidays, all of Perth’s major attractions are open year-round too.
Summer in Perth is regularly quite hot and very dry. Rainfall is very rare during the summer months but the normally reasonable Perth temperature can spike upward quite dramatically. What this means is that summer is perfect for the many water-based activities in Perth. Spend a day on the river – there’s nowhere better than Perth for hot days on the water.
Appropriate clothing: Keep it simple with t-shirts, shorts, skirts and sandals
Don’t forget: Sunscreen and water for those dry, sunny days
During autumn, the soaring summer temperatures begin to subside and return to something more manageable – between 18 and 25 degrees Celsius. The humidity also begins to rise in autumn, one of the few times of year where it will rear its head. Rain appears in short bursts throughout this period, usually only for a day or so before the sun makes a return.
Appropriate clothing: Summer clothes plus a jacket and some jeans for the evenings
Don’t forget: Sunscreen – the UV index is still quite high
Winter is the only time of year when Perth tends to retreat indoors. It’s also the only season when Perth rainfall may significantly hamper your outdoor plans, but this is a great excuse to immerse yourself in Perth’s booming cultural scene. Art galleries and museums are open all year and many of them are free to visit.
Appropriate clothing: A few jumpers, warm pants and perhaps a scarf
Don’t forget: Plan ahead for potential wet weather
Spring in Perth is almost a direct mirror of autumn – comfortable temperatures, sunny weather, and very little rain to speak of. While pockets of humidity will show up here and there, they’re not as intense as those found after summer. Of all four Perth seasons, spring is the one travellers and locals alike recommend the most.
Appropriate clothing: Breathable clothing during the day, jackets and jeans for the cooler evenings
Don’t forget: Sunscreen and water
Our Perth Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Why choose Flight Centre?
Not only do we have an incredible, worldwide team with decades of experience and a genuine passion for travel, we also have the widest choice of travel options covering tours, cruises, holiday packages and more. Flight Centre gives you free holiday planning and personalised service, Interest Free* Holiday Finance so you can book now, pay later, and 24/7 worldwide customer care on 133 133.