Murray River, Kangaroo Island & Adelaide
Total Murraylands & wildlife experience Free Barossa Valley tour. Spectacular cliffs and gorges. Backwater wildlife boat tour. Vineyard & cellar door tasting. Enjoy leisurely cr...
18 Jan 2019
River cruise vessels are smaller than ocean going cruise ships, and offer a range of excellent facilities. With short stretches of sailing between ports, be entertained or simply watch the world go by. Coupled with the peaceful atmosphere of having fewer passengers on board, a river cruise is a tranquil way to explore the wonders of Egypt on a Nile cruise or have a cultural expedition on a European river cruise.
Some river cruise vessels do not have lifts, so always check that the vessel you wish to travel on can meet your requirements. Read more about accessible cruises.
- Scenery all the way along the cruise.
- Visit significant worldwide destinations – dock in the centre of historic cities and towns and experience the real life of your port stops.
- Many port stops .
- Peaceful onboard ambience.
- Onboard bars, swimming pools, libraries and more.
- Most cabins have outside windows .
- An alternative to large ocean going cruise ships.
- Some cruise lines include onshore excursions in the cost of the cruise.
River Cruise Itineraries
A Nile Cruise or one of the many river cruises in Europe are the jewels in the crown of river cruising and retain some of the traditional routes of cruise history. A Nile cruise will take you through the heart of Egyptian history, from Luxor to the Valley of Kings and many more places in between. River cruises on Europe’s famous waterways take in Amsterdam, St Petersburg, Provence and more.
River cruising is not limited to these routes. You can take a river cruise along China’s YangTse River, the Mekong in Cambodia, through North America or the great Amazon River in South America – wherever your imagination takes you.