Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Situated on Vancouver's waterfront and featuring distinctive architectural sails, Canada Place was originally constructed for the 1986 Expo as the Canadian Pavilion. It was formally opened by Prince Charles and the then Canadian Prime Minister, Brian Mulroney. Today it contains the Vancouver Convention Centre, the city's World Trade Centre and a luxury hotel. The white sails are often compared to those of the Sydney Opera House.
Another structure worth admiring is the beaux arts, Sun Tower on West Pender Street, with its fake copper dome adorning the roof. The building was originally commissioned as the home of the newspaper, The Vancouver World and when completed in 1912 was the tallest building in the British Empire. The name comes from newspaper who purchased the building in 1937, the Vancouver Sun.
Also consider exploring the Carter-Cotton Building.
Vancouver Airport (YVR)
Flights from Australia to Vancouver will disembark at Vancouver International Airport .
Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is located on Sea Island, south of the centre and serves around 17 million passengers a year. The terminal features an extensive collection of Pacific Northwest Coast Native art.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Vancouver International Airport. Book your Vancouver Airport accommodation.
Getting to Vancouver
There are many airlines that offer flights to Vancouver from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take around 14 hours. Flights from Sydney via Los Angeles or Auckland take between 20 and 23 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Melbourne via Sydney take around 18 hours. Flights from Melbourne via Los Angeles or Auckland take between 20 and 24 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Vancouver
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Vancouver from Australia include: