Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Hearing and reading about Vietnam's role in the war at the various military-related sites around Saigon is not only a mark of respect towards the people of Vietnam but also an important learning experience for any traveller.
The most prominent site of this kind is the War Remnants Museum in District 3. Though a rather one-sided account of the Vietnam War, the museum is a must-see for anyone even vaguely interested in the war or the history of Vietnam. However, be prepared for some rather confronting photos and descriptions of the war's effect on the local people. The museum also houses a tank, several aircraft, firearms, explosives and various other items from the war.
Continue your educational journey with a half day tour to the Cu Chi Tunnels, about an hour out of Saigon. These tunnels were used as hiding spots by the Viet Cong during the war, and formed part of the tunnel network that spanned much of the country. Though only a very small portion of the once huge network of tunnels remains, a tour of this site gives you an understanding of just how elaborate and carefully thought out the system was.
Ho Chi Minh City Airport (SGN)
Flights from Australia to Ho Chi Minh City will disembark at Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
Tan Son Nhat International (SGN) is Vietnam's largest airport serving Ho Chi Minh City. Formally known as Saigon Airport, Tan Son Nhat International takes its name from the neighbouring village of Tan Son Nhat.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Tan Son Nhat International Airport Book your Ho Chi Minh City Airport accommodation.
Getting to Ho Chi Minh City
There are many airlines that offer flights to Ho Chi Minh City from Australia. Flights from Sydney via Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Singapore, Guangzhou or Bangkok take between 13 and 15 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Singapore or Bangkok take between 11 and 14 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Singapore or Bangkok take between nine and 12 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Taipei or Singapore take between 12 and 14 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Ho Chi Minh City
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Ho Chi Minh City from Australia include:
For more information on Ho Chi Minh City holidays check out our Ho Chi Minh City travel guide.