Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu
Centrally located in Kota Kinabalu, Hyatt Regency Kinabalu offers spacious and elegant accommodation with free WiFi throughout. The property boasts an outdoor pool and 6 dining options. Handicraft Market and Night Food Market are within a 700 m walk away. Furnished with contemporary decor, the ai...
Travel Dates: 26 April - 14 June 2019
An unwitting participant in World War II, Kota Kinabalu was razed by the Allies, so the city you see today is a modern one. It's a vibrant but laid back home to more than half a million people, half of whom are of Chinese descent with the remainder of the community a mixture of folks from Brunei, Indonesia, the Philippines, India and Korea.
This is a slice of East Malaysia offering a sun and sand holiday, with several popular local beaches and the 5-island Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park just off shore. Fishing, diving and snorkeling can all be enjoyed within a 15-minute to 2-hour boat ride. You can hire a boat and skipper for the day or just jump aboard a vessel on a pay-per-person basis.
For an introduction to the area's history, you might appreciate a trip to 2 city-based museums: Sabah State Museum and the Islamic Civilization Museum.
Kota Kinabalu Airport (BKI)
Flights to Kota Kinabalu will disembark at Kota Kinabalu International Airport.
Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI) is located about 8 kilometres southwest of the city centre. As Malaysia's second busiest airport, Kota Kinabalu is the main gateway into the state of Sabah and into Borneo.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Kota Kinabalu International Airport. Book your Kota Kinabalu accommodation.
Getting to Kota Kinabalu
There are several airlines that offer flights to Kota Kinabalu from Australia. Direct flights from Perth take five hours and 50 minutes. Flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane via Kuala Lumpur take between 12 and 14 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Kota Kinabalu
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Kota Kinabalu from Australia include:
For more information on Kota Kinabalu holidays check out our Kota Kinabalu travel guide.